Standard Features On All Models
- Unique narrow X-bracing (70 degrees) for structural support longevity and expansive dynamic range.
- Symmetrical optimally sculpted top bracing for a well-balanced tone and distinctive timbre. Bracing is not scalloped.
- Bound ebony fingerboard with large,
easily visible brass/aluminum side dots.
- Choice of woods for top, back and sides binding etc. See
- Choice of oval or round soundhole/rosette. Each guitar has a
unique all-wood rosette made from a variety of exotic woods.
- East Indian Rosewood bridge. It's light in weight (compared to ebony
or Brazilian Rosewood) for responsiveness and resonant tone.
- Solid bent-wood basswood kerfing (the lining that
joins the sides to the top and back).
Solid kerfing provides a better glue joint between the sides and top/back
thinner than slotted kerfing does not reduce soundboard area as much.
It also anchors the top better for sustain and instrument longevity.
- The top and back are domed in all directions - like the surface of a sphere.
This creates a strong structure that resists string-tension
deformation and reduces low humidity problems.
Graph-Tech RATIO open-back tuners.
The quality of Waverlys with individual gearing for each string. These superior tuners are now standard equipment on all guitars.
- A 1/8" wide bone saddle is precisely intonated for each individual string.
TUSQ XL Nuts are now standard. They have a built-in lubricant for non-binding tuning.
- The guitar body is finished with a high-gloss,
acoustically thin, water-based lacquer.
- The neck has a polymerized oil finish providing a more natural feel
- Graphite reinforced (3/8" wide by 1/2" deep) non-adjustable neck.
- Guitars are built in a year-round humidity controlled shop (40 - 45% RH).
- A hard-shell, arched-top case is provided with each guitar.
- All instruments have a warranty to the original owner for the duration of my life as an active luthier.
Back to Laughlin Guitars Home Page